Bioinformatics Solutions Inc. (BSI) founded in 2000 in Waterloo, Canada, develops and continually innovates the proteomics software platform PEAKS to identify and quantify proteins in very complex biological samples with LC-MS. Also provided is antibody characterization software and service, allowing customers to quickly and cost effectively characterize antibodies.
We offer great career opportunities in a new dynamic setting. Our employees are eligible for attractive benefits and options. Our office is located in the city of Waterloo, Ontario, Canada (approximately one hour driving distance from Toronto).
With BSI, you can achieve your best within a sales-centric, performance-oriented environment. We give you the tools to succeed and as you develop the relationships that fuel our growth, you can enjoy the rewards and recognition you deserve. The Account Manager of will be responsible for exceeding assigned sales targets within their assigned geographic territory, including prospecting, developing and closing opportunities.
- Meet and exceed assigned sales targets
- Sell BSI products and services
- Manage entire sales cycle and process orders
- Maintain accurate reporting and records in CRM
- Contribute to marketing initiatives and strategies
- Previous (2+ years) sales experience (B2B is preferred)
- Results driven with a proven ability to succeed in achieving sales targets
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients through all available mediums (verbal, listening, writing, presenting)
- Strong work ethics
- University Degree/College Diploma (degree in Life Sciences is preferred)
- Knowledge or experience with mass spectrometry is an asset
We are currently looking for an Application Scientist to join our team. The successful candidate will work closely with the R&D team and sales & marketing team to provide customers with training and technical support for our solutions.
- Assist potential and current customers as they integrate BSI products and services into their research projects
- Work closely with the R&D team and sales team to provide any level of product services
- Provide training to customers from academic research organizations to biopharmaceutical industries
- Collect and represent the requirements from customers to advise the product development
- This position may require international travel up to 20% of time
- PhD in Bioinformatics/biology/biochemistry/chemistry related field
- Strong communication skills; both verbal and written
- Strong problem solving skills and attention to details
- Laboratory experience (especially with mass spectrometry) is an asset
- Knowledge of a scripting or a programming language is an asset
We are currently looking for a motivated Front-End Developer. The successful candidate will work with a team of talented individuals to deliver an attractive, easy-to-use GUI to our users.
- Development, customization and optimization of software UX design in Java
- Development, test, optimization and deployment of Web front-end
- Bachelor/Masters degree in Computer Science or related fields with relevant industry experience
- 2+ years working experience with real world web applications
- Strong understanding of UX/UI concepts and interface usability, and a demonstrated record of good design flow in interactive web applications
- Strong understanding and work experience with real web applications built with React + Redux
- Proficient with web-based (JS powered) data visualization tools, e.g. D3.js, WebGL, etc. and real work experience developing interactive graphics from conception to deployment
- Experience handling large and complex scale data visualization for big data is highly desired
- Programming ability in Java is an advantage
We are always looking to expand our sales and development team, also on the lookout for talented people with other areas of expertise. If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume here. We will contact you if we wish to arrange an interview.